Older CNC and manual machine tools that are mechanically sound (Good iron) can be retrofitted with the latest control technology and when necessary with new drives, screws, and servomotors. In many cases mechanical enhancements can be utilized that were not available when the machine was originally purchased. Schmiede Corporation has experience with most major brands of CNC, programmable controllers, and digital readouts. Productivity improvement can cost as little as 1/3 the cost of a new machine and a brief machine downtime.
- Up to 60% production improvement
- 50%-100% improvement in part accuracy
- Increased productivity = Higher Profits
Remanufacturing involves disassembling a machine completely down to the basic frame and restoring it to today’s standards. The machine is literally better than new because it incorporates as many modern features as possible found in today’s new equipment.
- More economical than a new purchase (30-70%)
- Performance guaranteed as good as or better than new
- Complete mechanical, hydraulic/pneumatic, and electrical capabilities
- Electrical & mechanical engineering support
Rebuilding entails restoring a machine to its as-good-as-new condition by repairing and/or replacing worn components to original mechanical specifications and operating conditions. Rebuilds can be complete, partials, component, or subassembly selective. Schmiede’s precision machining services can run your production while your equipment is being rebuilt.
- Up to 100% part output consistency
- Decrease downtime and scrap
- Decrease operator compensation and fatigue
- Rapid turnaround